Head : Mr Bipin Patel
Group Credit & Quantitative Analysis
The Group Credit & Quantitative Analysis Department consists of the following teams:
- The Group Credit Risk Management team is responsible for the monitoring of all credit risks faced by the Group. The scope of work includes, but is not limited to, the development and implementation of credit scoring models to rate HKEX members, investment counterparties and related sovereigns, and subsequently conducts credit risk assessment on these entities to ensure policy standards are met. The team also ensures credit procedures and policy are regularly assessed and updated to reflect applicable risk appetite statements, regulatory requirements and the direction of the Risk Committee.
- The Group Quantitative Risk Model Development team is responsible for evaluating and modelling risk exposure to HKEX’s clearing houses. The team also develops tools using advanced financing engineering techniques for data cleaning, product pricing, margining, model calibration, and back-testing for equity and derivative products.
- The Group Regulatory Analytics, Risk Policy & FMI Strategy team is responsible for leading efforts across HKEX Central Clearing Counterparties (CCPs) in new risk management initiatives such as policy alignment reviews, risk reporting implementation and other clearing risk management related projects. This includes, but is not limited to, identifying areas where efficiencies and improvements of existing risk management policies and/or systems, including capital & collateral savings for clearing members and market participants.
- The Risk Systems team focuses on the development and design of clearing risk technologies and data solutions, aligning Risk & IT requirements and contributing to HKEX strategic initiatives primarily via Next Gen.
- The Default Management team is responsible for ensuring an appropriate and consistent Default Management Process (DMP) to handle the default of clearing counterparties for Hong Kong clearing houses and facilitating the default management functions on any business and risk initiatives.
Group Chief Information Security Officer
CISO is responsible the Group’s information (Cyber) security strategy, policy, awareness and cyber risk management. CISO is also responsible for Privacy (PDPO) management for Hong Kong.
Enterprise Risk Management
The Enterprise Risk Management Department consists of the following teams:
- The Business Continuity Management team is responsible for developing and enhancing HKEX’s resiliency and recovery capability in response to operational service interruptions. This includes performing business impact analysis, incident response preparations and business continuity planning. The Business Continuity Management team partners with the business lines to ensure drills are periodically scheduled and conducted to test these capabilities.
- The Corporate Security team is responsible for ensuring the various HKEX office premises, events space and data centres are protected from physical security threats to protect our staff and visitors. Activities include building access management, events security for our Connect Hall venue, law enforcement liaison and VIP security.
- The Risk Governance team is responsible for administration of the various executive, regulatory and Board level risk committees. Activities include agenda development, attendance coordination and resolution recording. Oversight of the enterprise risk framework and preparation of key risk reports are also undertaken.