|Thursday, 17 May 2018
Venue: Theatre 1 (Old Wing), Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, 1 Expo Drive, Wanchai, Hong Kong
||Registration and Coffee
Mrs Laura M CHA
Mr Joseph CHAN, JP
Under Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury, The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
||Keynote Speech 1
Mr Charles LI, Chief Executive, HKEX
||Keynote Speech 2: LME Strategy Pathway: Serving the Global Commodity Industry
Mr Matthew CHAMBERLAIN, Chief Executive, LME
Panel 1: State of the Market: Base Metals in a Constantly Changing World (English)
- Are we at a turning point in this commodities / metal cycle?
- Which metals will stand out in 2018/19?
- Will China still be the driving force in base metals demand, or will we see a shift to another region?
- Are ‘green’ trends affecting commodity prices?
Ms Yang LIU
Head of Corporate Sales and China Business Development, LME
Mr Simon COLLINS
Co-founder, Trade Cloud Services Pte. Ltd.
Mr Robert HAWKES
Executive Director, Goldman Sachs International
Dr Guy WOLF
Global Head of Market Analytics, Marex Spectron
Ms Yi ZHU
Global Head of Metals & Mining, Bloomberg Intelligence
Panel 2: Impact of China’s Economic Transformation on Metal Markets, and How the Global Price Benchmark is Influenced by Chinese Institutional Participation (Putonghua)
- How China, with its economic transformation and consumption upgrade, influences metals and other commodity markets
- How Chinese commodity firms, proactively participating and connecting with the international commodity market, increasingly influence the global price benchmark
- How Chinese resource companies face stiff competition and seek new opportunities
Mr Gang LI
Co-head of Market Development, HKEX
Professor Shusong BA
Managing Director and Chief China Economist, HKEX
Chief Economist, The China Banking Association
Mr Jinbi HE
Chairman and CEO, Maike Metals Group
Professor Yuyue HU
Director, Beijing Technology and Business University
Mr Dongliang LU
Executive Director and President, Aluminum Corporation of China Limited
Vice President, Aluminum Corporation of China
||Panel 3: A Golden Era in Precious Metals (English)
- Macroeconomic drivers - the outlook for gold
- The physical market - key regional developments
- A divergent tale - platinum vs. palladium
- New technologies - opportunities or threats to the industry?
Mr Robin MARTIN
Head of Market Development, LME
Mr Sunil KASHYAP
Managing Director, The Bank of Nova Scotia
Mr Luke LU
CEO, Tian Xin Yang Gold Industry
Ms Rhona O'CONNELL
Head of Metals Research & Forecasts, Thomson Reuters GFMS
Mr Amar V. SINGH
Head of Precious Metal Sales, Asia, J.P. Morgan
Mr Mark TO
Managing Director, Asset Management and Head of Research, Wing Fung Financial Group
Panel 4: The Metals Markets Amid Growth in Electric Vehicles (EV) (Putonghua)
- Implications of the EV revolution on metals markets
- How are different market participants along the value chain reacting to the EV surge?
- Challenges and hurdles: competing with fuel cell EVs, regulatory measures and more
- How is the LME adapting to the rising demand for price transparency and sourcing for physical EV metals, where metals used for battery materials can be priced and traded on a modern exchange?
Ms Aidong XU
Chief Analyst of Beijing Antaike Information Co., Ltd.
Secretary-general of China Non-Ferrous Metals Industry Association Cobalt Branch
Mr Yaozhong CHEN
Vice President, Zhejiang Huayou Cobalt Co., Ltd.
General Manager, Huayou New Energy Industrial Group
Mr Tianpeng GAO
Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director, Jinchuan Group International Resources Co., Ltd.
Mr Weiguo MA
CPC Secretary and Executive Vice President, Wanbao Mining Ltd.
Mr Jerry TSUI
Outbound Investment, Managing Director, BAIC Group Industrial Investment Co., Ltd.