LME Asia Week 2019 - The Metals Seminar
|Tuesday, 7 May 2019
Venue: HKEX Connect Hall, 1/F, One and Two Exchange Square, 8 Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong
||Registration and Coffee
Government Official of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
||Keynote Speech 1
Mr Charles LI, Chief Executive, HKEX
||Keynote Speech 2
Panel 1: Base Metals Markets in 2019: The End of Volatility or the Calm Before the Storm? (English)
- Sentimental vs fundamental – which side will win for copper?
- Is it still China vs rest of the world in aluminum supply?
- How are supply/demand dynamics shifting for zinc?
- Electric vehicles – sustained growth or boom and bust? How will demand for EVB materials affect the metals industry?
- Which base metal carries the most upside potential for 2019 and beyond?
Ms Xiao FU
Head of Commodity Markets Strategy, Bank of China International
Dr Guy WOLF
Global Head of Market Analytics, Marex Spectron
Panel 2: New Opportunities to Connect Asia (Putonghua)
- Opportunities and challenges of digital transformation
- Digitalisation of commodities trading and warehouse logistics
- The next strategic moves in Asia for LME and QME
Mr Gang LI
Head of Market Development, HKEX
||Panel 3: The Future of the Precious Metals Market (English)
- Gold price outlook (macro drivers, demand and supply)
- Outlook for other precious metals
- The physical market - key regional developments
- Global market structure & standards
- New technologies - opportunities for precious metals
Mr Sunil KASHYAP
Managing Director, The Bank of Nova Scotia, Hong Kong
Panel 4: New Era for Exchange Participant Integration
- The opportunities and challenges created by the diverse community trading on the LME
- Financial community view of recent changes in LME markets, and new LME products
- New trading platform development, what does the financial community want to see?
Mr James HARDCASTLE
Business Development Director, Colt Capital Markets Solutions Sales, Asia Pacific
Colt Technology Services Limited
Mr Charles LUI
General Manager, Optiver (Shanghai) Trading Co., Ltd
Please note: The agenda and speakers will be updated from time to time. The current listed speakers are confirmed.