Updated : 14 Mar 2023
Hong Kong Registrars Limited
Address:  Shops 1712-1716, 17th Floor, Hopewell Centre, 183 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Tel:  (852) 2862 8555
Fax:  (852) 2865 0990 / (852) 2529 6087


In order to enable shareholders to exercise their rights in an informed manner, and to allow them to engage actively with HKEX, HKEX establishes a Shareholders Communication Policy to ensure that shareholders are provided with ready, equal and timely access to balanced and understandable information about HKEX.


HKEX designed a Shareholders’ Guide which sets out the frequently asked questions of HKEX’s shareholders and the answers thereto with the objective of providing shareholders with the necessary information about their share interest in HKEX in order to enable them to exercise their rights in an informed manner.


Corporate Communication refers to any document issued or to be issued by HKEX for the information or action of holders of any of its securities, including, but not limited to, the directors’ report and annual accounts together with a copy of the auditor’s report, the interim report, a notice of meeting, a listing document, a circular and a proxy form.

Registered shareholders

Registered shareholders may notify HKEX's registrar in writing (Address: 17M Floor, Hopewell Centre, 183 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong) or by email to hkex.ecom@computershare.com.hk to (a) change their choice of language or means of receiving Corporate Communications or (b) request to receive Corporate Communications in printed form. In order that our registrar could process your request promptly, please submit your request by completing the Corporate Communication Request Form (please click here to download the form).

Non-registered shareholders

For non-registered shareholders whose shares in HKEX are held through a broker or custodian and kept in The Central Clearing and Settlement System (CCASS), and who have requested to receive HKEX's Corporate Communications through Hong Kong Securities Clearing Company Limited from time to time, a notification together with a request form will be sent to them whenever a Corporate Communication is issued. If a non-registered shareholder wishes to receive a printed copy of the Corporate Communication, he/she should complete and return the request form to our registrar who will then send a printed copy of such documents to him/her free of charge. The preference of a non-registered shareholder who has opted for receiving printed copies will be recorded and such instruction will be applicable to all future Corporate Communications until such time when he/she ceases to hold shares in HKEX or he/she notifies our registrar (by email to hkex.ecom@computershare.com.hk) of the change.

Privacy Notice
Please refer to HKEX's Privacy Notice for Annual General Meeting and Corporate Communications for further details of how HKEX shall process and protect personal data of its Shareholders that have been submitted to HKEX for the purpose of their Corporate Communication requests and of their respective rights.


A share certificate issued by HKEX is a proof of the shareholder's title to shares in HKEX. If a shareholder lost any share certificate, he/she should report to HKEX’s registrar and apply for the issue of a replacement share certificate as soon as possible. A replacement share certificate will be issued subject to the fulfillment of such conditions as to evidence and provision of indemnity as the Company may consider appropriate, as well as payment of the scrip fee and relevant administration costs involved.

Pursuant to the Companies Ordinance (Chapter 622 of the Laws of Hong Kong), HKEX is required to publish notices in specified form before replacement of lost share certificates, which include, among other things, a Notice of Intention to Issue New Share Certificates, and a Notice of Cancellation of Original Share Certificate and Issue of New Certificate on its website. Shareholders may refer to the aforesaid notices set out below.