A formal and transparent policy is in place to determine the remuneration packages of individual Directors and employees.
- The Remuneration Committee is mandated to formulate the Group’s remuneration policy for the Board’s approval, and to make recommendations to the Board on the Group’s annual salary adjustment, the annual performance bonus and share award.
- The objective of remunerating Non-executive Directors is to ensure that there is an appropriate level of remuneration to attract and retain experienced people of high calibre to oversee HKEX’s business and development. Their remuneration is reviewed annually with reference to companies of comparable business or scale, and any changes are subject to shareholders’ approval.
- Non-executive Directors are not entitled to participate in the share option schemes and the share award scheme operated by HKEX, or to receive other fringe benefits provided by HKEX. Non-executive Directors do not have service contracts.
- Quality and committed staff are valuable assets contributing to the Group’s success. To ensure the ability to attract and retain talents, HKEX’s remuneration policy is built upon the principles of providing equitable and market-competitive remuneration package that support the performance culture and enable the achievement of strategic business goals. HKEX’s remuneration policy is, therefore, aiming at being competitive but not excessive.
- Employee’s remuneration package (including that of HKEX’s Chief Executive) comprises fixed and variable components benchmarked against a mix of local and regional financial institutions, professional firms and major corporations.
- Remuneration of individual Directors and the senior management is disclosed in the Remuneration Committee Report.